10 answers to this question.
- Studies indicate that Parental Involvement significantly impacts your child’s academic performance and decreases disciplinary issues. (These are the studies).
- Your school depends on the PTA for funding that the State of Oregon does not supply for things like art, physical education, outdoor education, field trips, etc.
- If you join the PTA you will know what is going on at the school and get to know administrators, teachers, and public officials.
- You can build your support network by coming to school events and meeting other parents who share the common goal of raising kids in a safe and instructive environment.
- YOU are going to make a difference, not just for your kids, but every student at Kelly Elementary.
- It’s fun. Volunteering is fun. It feels good to give back. In the classroom, developing our outdoor spaces, coming to movie nights, developing an event, you name it.
- YOU will be a Role Model in demonstrating to your kids that they are important to you and so is their education.
- Making Kelly Elementary a fun & educational environment is in your hands, you can do it!
- It is flexible–Can’t make a meeting but you can volunteer on a weekend for a gardening project? FANTASTIC!
- PTA is for EVERY PARENT. Your voice, your ideas, your opinions matter. The more ideas we have, the better we work.
Ready to Get Involved?